They say that today needlework is booming: it is also fashionable and profitable and interesting. Yeah, probably so. But the boom boom, but only creative handmade hobby was popular at all times, and a real Hand Made was always in price (referred to only in a different way). And even new techniques of needlework is actually not new, but only adapted to modern technology secrets of the old masters.
But there are newfangled needlewomen hobbies and such techniques, which, as they say, "at all times". Seems only trendy, but in fact have a rich and long history and have reached us virtually intact. These types of needlework and embroidery refers ribbons. Of course, this embroidery - just "indescribable beauty." It looks rich and elegant, decorate anything. But still, as it turns out, this is one the easiest ways Embroidery (at least, so say themselves embroiderers). How true this statement and to whom we owe such an amazing view of crafts as embroidery ribbons? Let's find out.
History embroidery ribbons
The very art of sewing silk ribbons is very ancient, and it originated in medieval Italy, where gradually come to France, where he held a triumph of the art of embroidery. And the thing is that at this romantic time (think of the novels of Dumas) in fashion was frivolous Rococo style with its inherent pomp, showiness and pretentiousness. Both the trendsetter of the time of Louis XV was a passionate lover of embroidery. However, it is not known he invented the technique of embroidery ribbons, or borrowed this idea? But the fact remains. It was at the court of Louis began flaunting ladies in dresses, embroidered satin ribbons
For a fee, come and turn the laundry, and after that way has become a royal embroidery decorating hats umbrellas, blankets, lamp shades and various necessary and unnecessary ladies (and ladies) gizmos.
But all this has happened in the nineteenth century. Two hundred years! For a long time, of course, but it was a real flowering of art embroidery ribbons. That just does not decorated in this manner: and the royal robes and uniforms, and prostolyudinok dresses, camisoles and nobles, priests and clothing. First, this technique spread throughout Europe, where it was used to decorate clothing and interior items, and then came and the New World, reaching America and Canada.
After World War II the art of embroidery tapes was forgotten for a long time (well it was not up to the women!). However, at the end of the twentieth century interest in needlework as such and to the art of embroidery ribbons began to actively revive. Today, this type of embroidery is popular not only among the masters Hand Made, but it is even used in high fashion (almost like in the days of Louis XV)!
Tools for embroidery ribbons
According to the followers of Louis XV, embroidered ribbons - arts is not particularly tricky, but extremely effective. And the materials with the tools needed for such a little embroidery. However, to the types and quality of such tools are presented special requirements.
Feeds. For embroidery tapes are commonly used ribbon of silk, satin and moire. Such tapes in width from three to ten millimeters and can be bought in special stores of goods for needlework or ordinary dry goods. Specific requirements for belts for embroidery - strength, small thickness and elasticity (they do not have much to stretch). In addition, the tapes are designed for embroidery should possess a characteristic silky luster and durable (resistant to washing) color.
To check the tape on color stability they need to wash and iron through a damp cloth. Strictly speaking, this procedure should be carried out before the beginning of the embroidery, even if you are sure of the quality of tapes.
Cloth. If you're only going to learn the technique of embroidery with ribbons, it is better to start with a conventional canvas or fabric with a uniform weave (linen, cotton). Incidentally, such a framework is used and experienced embroiderers to create panels and embroidered pictures. When clothes decorated with ribbons explicit restrictions on the choice of fabric texture there. It may be a fine silk, velvet and dense, and the knitted fabric. However, be prepared for that too dense tissue are difficult for this type of embroidery - the tape can hardly pass through.
Needles. Well, what kind of embroidery needle-free? And for embroidery ribbons to the choice of this instrument should be approached "with knowledge." For such a need embroidery needle's eye which freely passes the tape and allows her to fully deal imposed stitch. By the way, choosing a needle, do not forget that it is less than the number, the thicker the needle itself. Using too fine needle risk that the tape will lose view while working, and then quickly and obtrepletsya razlohmatitsya.
Choosing the right needle protect against such unpleasant consequences, and would greatly facilitate the work. To use thick embroidery needle with a sharp end and a wide eye (chenille needle) or Tapestry, too thick and wide eye, but with a blunt tip. To narrow two-millimeter strips take the smallest needle (24), and for the general measuring tape - needle sixteen rooms.
Hoops are also needed for embroidery ribbons. Of course, at a certain skill you can do without them, but for best results you need to pull the fabric. For this type of embroidery can use ordinary round hoop or frame. In addition to the hoop during embroidery tapes may also need scissors, pins, a marker for tissue, thimble, tape measure and ruler. And as the additional materials - sequins, beads, bugle beads.
Technique embroidery ribbons
Embroidery ribbons roses, asters, daisies, cornflowers, and any other flowers, buds and leaves achieves Incredible effect. Volume, glossy, colored, the embroidery looks truly regal. Nevertheless, especially this technique is difficult to call, as it differs little from the traditional embroidery threads. The only difference - the use of "Ribbon Stitch." Basic stitches used in embroidery, ribbons are.
- Straight stitch. This is the simplest stitch, which is the basis of any embroidery (embroidery and ribbons are no exception). It makes a variety of stitch length and the degree of belt tension.
- French knot. Element embroidery Rococo. French nodule size depends on the number of turns of tape around the needle.
- Tape (Japanese) stitch. This stitch tape passes not only through the fabric, but through itself. Depending on how far from the edge (edge) of the tape to make a puncture of the stitch, interesting effects are achieved in establishing floral patterns.
- Loop with prikrepkoy - stitch embroidery flower buds, petals and leaves.
- Half loop with prikrepkoy used when sewing cups buds and leaves of flowers.
- Gossamer. A special type of stitches used in embroidery, ribbons rose. Rose embroidered ribbons with the help of the stitch looks almost like the real thing. First you need to define the future size of the flower, make five radial (circular) stitches and skip through them the tape. Do embroidery ribbons rose from the center, dragging and laying tape above and below the stitches mimicking rose petals.
Tips for embroidery ribbons
- For a neat embroidery masters are advised to first apply to the cloth contour drawing, then make auxiliary stitches, and only then proceed to the most embroidery ribbons.
- To work, it is desirable to use the tapes no longer than seventy centimeters. Longer tapes during operation will rastrepyvatsya.
- Tape width more than two centimeters of embroidery should be avoided. In any case, they should not pass through eye of a needle and, if necessary, can be added to the ready-made embroidery flowers from the wide belts.
- More impressive looks embroidery of different kinds of tapes and several shades.
- Embroidered satin ribbons will look good on absolutely all types of fabric, but decorative ribbons should be used only for decoration.
- Embroidery of cotton tapes unlike embroidery satin ribbons perfect for decoration or bedding, for example, women's hats.
But whatever type of tape you use, the main thing - it is a harmonious blend of textures of fabric, type of product, the quality of picture and tapes. The uniqueness of this technology is in its immutability, unexpected simplicity of execution, a special festivity and royal decoration effect. Learn basic needlework favorite by the French king and feel like a queen!