To be healthy, you need to eat plenty of vitamins - a know even small children. But what, in fact, are vitamins? On this question, perhaps, not everyone will respond.
Vitamins - a substance, small amounts of which are required by the body for its normal life. They participate in a variety of complex processes that occur in our body. Some vitamins the body can "produce" it myself, but a vast majority of them are produced in insufficient quantities, or - as a rule - should come entirely from the outside, with food or in the form of drugs.
The fact that vitamins are called the Latin alphabet, they know everything. There is, for example, vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin A. But why is allocated among these vitamins whole "team" B vitamins?
The fact that their discoverer, Polish scientist Casimir Funk, was convinced that vitamin C - is the one substance. It was only later, researchers found a whole group of nitrogenous (ie, containing a part of its molecule nitrogen) compounds. At various times up to twenty isolated B vitamins, vitamin B1 starting from and ending with vitamin B 20. Now it is assumed that this group includes only nine substances:
Vitamin B1 (thiamin, aneurine):
- involved in carbohydrate and amino acid metabolism;
- It strengthens the nervous, immune, muscular system;
- improves the functioning of the stomach, intestines and liver;
- It reduces the likelihood of diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
Thiamine is produced by bacteria that live in the human gut. However, this amount is insufficient, so vitamin B1 should additionally be ingested with food. Contained in cereals, bran, beans, sprouted beans, wild rose, nuts, cabbage, potatoes, milk, eggs, pork, veal.
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Considered one of the most important vitamins for humans. Lack of it affects the state of nails, hair, skin:
- participates in many biochemical reactions;
- improves recovery of damaged tissues;
- protects the retina from harmful sunlight.
Contained in yeast, dog rose, beans, cabbage, tomatoes, spinach, milk, eggs, liver, apricots, as well as leafy vegetables dark green. Unlike most vitamins, riboflavin sufficiently resistant to high temperatures.
Vitamin B3 (niacin, niacin, vitamin PP):
- participates in the degradation of fats and sugars;
- a positive effect on the blood vessels, heart, liver, pancreas;
- lowers blood levels of cholesterol and triglycerides;
- prevents the formation of blood clots;
- improves the nervous system;
- It increases the production of gastric juice;
- involved in the formation of hormones (insulin, cortisone, thyroxine, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone).
Contained in a white chicken meat, liver, kidney, cheese, eggs, fish, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peas, peanuts, potatoes, legumes, brewer's yeast and some herbs.
Vitamin B4 (choline):
- prevent disorders of the nervous system;
- prevents the formation of gallstones;
- prevents diseases of the heart and blood vessels, normalizes heart rate, strengthens the myocardium (heart muscle);
- It participates in the degradation of fat, and lowers the cholesterol content in the blood;
- regulates the level of sugar in the blood;
- It supports the prostate gland in the elderly;
- improves mental ability.
The main source of Choline - egg yolk. Contained it is also in the liver, cheese, cottage cheese, soy, peanuts, some vegetables. It can be synthesized in the body.
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- It is a part of coenzyme A, an indispensable member of the set of biochemical processes:
- strong stimulant adrenal function - so this vitamin often prescribed for the treatment of arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, and allergies;
- suppresses the formation of cholesterol;
- It accelerates the breakdown of fats.
Contained in virtually any food (which is why vitamin B5 and called pantothenic acid - from the Greek word pantoten - everywhere). Lack of pantothenic acid is possible only in case of violation of its absorption in the intestine (bowel disease, stress, long-term treatment with antibiotics).
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine):
- It strengthens the immune system;
- participates in the process of hematopoiesis;
- regulates blood pressure;
- improves the functioning of blood vessels and the heart;
- improves memory, enhances brain function;
- prevents the development of heart attacks, strokes, atherosclerosis.
A significant amount of vitamin found in germinated seeds (this product is extremely rich in B vitamins), spinach, nuts, cabbage, potatoes, beans, carrots, strawberries, cherries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, liver, eggs, fish, meat products. Synthesized the normal intestinal microflora.
Vitamin B7 (Vitamin H, biotin):
- is involved in carbohydrate metabolism, regulates the amount of sugar in the blood;
- increases fat burning;
- contains sulfur, necessary for healthy skin, nails and hair (which is why biotin is sometimes called the vitamin of beauty);
- necessary for smooth operation of the nervous system;
- improve livelihoods intestinal microflora.
Contained in almost all products. The maximum number of its eggs, nuts, soy, liver, yeast, milk, red beets, white mushrooms, strawberry and blueberry leaves. In small amounts can be synthesized by the body. It is worth noting that alcohol and antibiotics interfere with the absorption of vitamin B. This is especially true for biotin.
Vitamin B9 (folic acid, vitamin B-c):
- It is involved in the blood, formation of erythrocytes, hemoglobin synthesis;
- prevent atherosclerosis;
- lowers blood cholesterol;
- regulates the nervous system, prevents the emergence of stress conditions;
- enhances the formation of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, improves appetite;
- It plays a huge role in normal pregnancy: reduces the likelihood of miscarriage, premature birth, reduces the risk of postpartum hemorrhage. It participates in the formation of the future baby.
This vitamin is found in cabbage, beans, spinach, green onions, carrots, beets, tomatoes, flour, meal, brewer's yeast, egg yolk, cheese, eggs, cheese, liver. Synthesized the normal intestinal microflora. Rapidly destroyed by heating.
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin):
- participates in cell division;
- It affects the immune system and blood formation;
- participates in the nervous system;
- involved in the formation of skin cells, epithelium (inner shell) of the intestine, and the myelin nerve sheath;
- necessary for normal functioning of the liver;
- improves the functioning of the digestive system;
- together with folic acid involved in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in the process of blood cell formation. Both vitamins are essential for the synthesis of nucleic acids necessary for the transfer of genetic information.
Unlike other vitamins, plant foods do not contain. Cyanocobalamin source are meat products, primarily the heart, kidneys, liver. Contained in fish, milk, egg yolk, cheese, seafood.
However, better than separately
Despite the fact that each of these vitamins for the body has its special significance, they are absolutely essential for normal functioning of the immune and nervous systems, the growth of the body and are important players in the energy metabolism.
It is noted that these vitamins will jointly deal with the problems of the body, than alone. If we eat properly - lack found, again, in all the vitamins immediately. Therefore, they are most often prescribed are not alone, and the whole complex.
The stock of B vitamins in the body must be replenished every day - in fact, these substances are readily soluble in water and, therefore, are rapidly cleared from the body. With a lack of these vitamins fairly quickly symptoms of beriberi in:
- muscle weakness;
- reduced immunity;
- women's PMS symptoms worse.
To avoid these troubles, created a set of complex products and dietary supplements, some B vitamins, and sometimes even with their full 'kit'.
At the drugstore shelves today can be found B vitamins tablets - both alone and in combination with other vitamins and minerals. We will examine just a few of them.
The fact that the use of brewer's yeast helps to relieve a person from acne, improves the condition of nails and hair, people knew long ago. And in the course of research it was found out also that due to the presence of vitamins B complex, brewer's yeast regulate blood sugar, reduce the amount of "harmful" cholesterol.
Today on the shelves of pharmacies you can find a variety of nutritional supplements based on brewer's yeast. However, if you are going to use supplements enriched with any mineral substances, it is desirable to consult a doctor and get tested to know exactly what is lacking in minerals your body.
If you're worried about your weight - keep in mind that the brewer's yeast increase appetite, and some of the ladies, taking this supplement, fattening literally "by leaps and bounds."
- Doppelgerts Active Magnesium plus Vitamin B
In bioadditive Doppelgerts Active Magnesium plus Vitamin B complex of vitamins belonging to the group B, supplemented with magnesium. It was found that magnesium is perfectly interacts with B vitamins, improving their effect on the body. The element itself is involved in the metabolic processes of the body, it improves heart, eliminate the violation of his rhythm. It improves blood circulation by dilating blood vessels.
Magnesium has a positive effect on the nervous system, has anti-stress effect. Making it easier to stabilize glucose, magnesium is extremely useful in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, as well as mental and physical exertion.
Note: supplement is contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding. There is also the idiosyncrasy of some components of dietary supplements.
- A series of food supplements "Alphabet" with B vitamins in pills
Manufacturers of these vitamin supplements have tried to take into account the biological compatibility of different vitamins and minerals. For example, the beneficial interaction of vitamin B6 and magnesium. As well as the scientific evidence that vitamin B12 may enhance expression of allergy vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and slightly reduces the positive effect of vitamin B1 in the body.
In addition to the above, on the shelves of pharmacies you can find a variety of medications and dietary supplements with vitamins B group vitamins Choosing note that many supplements are not recommended during pregnancy and breast-feeding - mainly due to the fact that the possible impact on their future (or newborn) baby is still poorly understood.
An overdose of vitamins B
We have said that all of these vitamins are easily excreted. Therefore, an overdose of B vitamins - is extraordinary.
It has been observed that:
- Long hypervitaminosis of vitamin B1 can cause disruption of the liver and kidneys. Of all the B vitamins, this vitamin is most commonly cause allergies.
- The excess of nicotinic acid causes reddening of the face, chest and neck, feeling the heat.
- An overdose of pyridoxine can lead to circulatory disorders.
- Hypervitaminosis folic acid reduces the amount of vitamin B12 in the body. You may see a decrease in appetite, sleep disturbances. In children, excess folic acid may cause excessive excitability.
Of course, vitamins, enter our body with food, hurt us can not. But with pharmacy B vitamins should be handled carefully. Contrary to popular belief that vitamins - it's not drugs, it is necessary to remember that it's all the same - chemicals. Therefore, choosing a vitamin complex, yet does not interfere consult a doctor. And, taking new "Vitaminka" carefully listen to yourself - "Like" your body do they?