- What is the "home" laser hair removal?
- Pain during laser hair removal
- Why buy epilator
- Horror and discomfort during laser hair removal
- Contraindications of laser hair removal
- Rules for laser hair removal
- To be or not to be - that is the question
Removing body hair is hardly a pleasant procedure, but every year thousands of men and women are ready to experience the torment like to get rid of unwanted vegetation on the body. Which just is not in the old ways were invented to achieve the desired result: the wax and shugaring in the Eastern countries, the juice of walnut in Georgia, soft pumice in ancient Egypt and in China - the thread on which wound hairs. Of course, the effect of such manipulation was not always positive, sometimes appear on the skin irritation, rash, but in many tropical countries, where the water was at a premium, such procedures every citizen did not for beauty or masochism, but in order to comply with hygiene.
Today, thanks to the development of scientists and engineers, there is a lot less painful and more effective methods of hair removal such as laser hair removal. For a long time such a procedure could be done only in some beauty salons, which are located in large cities, and the cost of this pleasure was not to everyone on a pocket. Recently, the fair sex had an excellent opportunity to do this at home, which saves not only time, but also finance. However, even after several years of debate as to whether laser hair removal is harmful or not, and what it produces an effect on the body, it does not cease. Both supporters and opponents of this method present their arguments to be taken into account.
What is the "home" laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal at home - this is a new way to remove unwanted vegetation on even the most delicate and sensitive areas of the skin using a special device - a laser epilation. This device is able to handle the thick, thick and dark hairs, which bring much discomfort, because after the top of the normal procedures can already be seen on the second or third day. Unfortunately, if you have gray, blond hair and a little down, the effect of hair removal would be zero. Also, do not touch the eyebrows, because you can damage the cornea.
Pain during laser hair removal
In this case, it all depends on your sensitivity to external influences on the skin. Clearly, the first few steps, you'll feel a slight discomfort or tingling sensation in the treated area. But fear not, because these feelings are not as painful as when using a conventional epilator or wax. In addition, the risk of getting any complications are minimized, but when using the usual razor, you can cause serious cut.
Why buy epilator
- Most of those who have done laser hair removal at home say that the effect of the device is the same as after going to the salon, and is the unit much cheaper than visiting these places several times in half a year (the average cost of the device is equal to three or four visits) . In order to achieve a positive effect, many ladies to do a minimum of eight visits, each of which cost very expensive. Also, due to the characteristics of the organism, at times we have to repeat the course, because the hairs start to grow, for which the laser did not work in previous times.
- Laser epilator compact and very easy to operate and does not require the purchase of a variety of additional accessories. If you follow the instructions and comply with safety regulations, you will not hurt the skin, and there will be no fingerprints or footprints. However, before the first application is recommended to consult a specialist, who will show and tell you everything you need to know for beginners.
- You are constantly plagued with ingrown hairs and do not know how to deal with them? Then, the laser epilator will be the best solution to this problem.
- The effect lasts much longer than by machine, creams, waxes, etc. means. Those who have done this procedure on a regular basis, there was a significant slowdown in the growth of hair. By doing this procedure a month before the trip to the sea, you can not worry about that bikini or underarm you will have black spots, as is the case after a standard razors and blades.
Horror and discomfort during laser hair removal
Despite assurances from the manufacturers of the universality and full safety of their products, epilators can still harm your health. So before you buy be sure to check out the disadvantages and precautions, as some disadvantages of laser hair removal may affect your decision.
- Firstly, the discomfort is a small area of the power and the capture device. So, in order to remove the hair on the legs, you have to spend a lot more time than if you had used the services of specialists in the cabin. In addition, the ladies have to dodge and uncomfortable positions to remove vegetation in remote places.
- If you are working with this technology you make the slightest mistake, after the procedure, the skin will burn. There are a number of serious contraindications when you can not use this unit, otherwise you may experience side effects. Before you dare to experiment a bit with his own body, be sure to visit the doctor, go to hand over analyzes and studies.
- After processing armpits in any case can not be used deodorizing substances for three whole days, because after they bake. The hottest time of the year you have to choose between the bad smell or a positive effect on hair removal laser. The first few hours will also be hurt by contact with clothing.
- Another disadvantage is that after the procedure, can not immediately go to the beach. You will need to wait at least five days before you can get a tan in the sun, or by sunbathing appear serious consequences: stains, burns, irritation. In the summer, those who do hair removal, it is necessary to use special sunscreen.
- Whoever did the day before the procedure used scrub or exfoliation, hair removal should be postponed for at least three or four days, otherwise you will be incredibly painful during the treatment, as the skin at this point is already damaged and have not yet had time to fully recover. Otherwise, the body may be formed small inflammation.
- Adverse consequences can also occur after taking a hot bath or sauna, so after hair removal is better to prefer slightly warm the soul. If you remove the hair on the face, wash the area with purified or filtered water, so as not to carry infection, as one that is flowing through the pipes do not meet the established standards and may contain harmful bacteria. In no event do not go into the pool as chlorine will cause a burning sensation. The same applies to sea water.
- You will have to give up many pleasures (massage, sports), since a few weeks after hair removal by touching the treated skin areas you will be very painful.
Contraindications of laser hair removal
You are not recommended to do the procedure at home, if you have serious skin problems (eruption, acne, irritation). Consequences after hair removal in this case can be disastrous. The same applies if you have a fungus or herpes, since it can lead to infection. Laser hair removal may produce a negative effect, if you have diabetes, benign or malignant tumors. People who have recently made tattoos have to postpone the procedure until better times, because not yet had time to heal the skin should not be subjected to such heavy loads.
Rules for laser hair removal
According to those who have done laser hair removal at home to achieve a positive effect only on the hair, the length of which is approximately one to three millimeters. Before proceeding with the removal of vegetation on the body, you need to tune in to the right way, or you will be hurt, because your subconscious mind takes the respective signals to the cerebral cortex. Before and after the procedure, do not use tools in the composition of which has an alcohol or perfume oil, otherwise you risk getting burned.
Those who bought this setting is not recommended as aids to use tweezers, normal epilator wax, since the laser will not be able to act on the area where the follicles have been removed, so the effect of the procedure is low. If you urgently need to get rid of hair, use special cream or standard razors. So you can always stay in shape, even if you are away from home and unable to use the device.
The owners of dark skin or those who have recently sunbathe, have a month before the hair removal apply special lightening creams and masks. If you do not have this opportunity or you just do not want to wait a long time, it is best to contact the salon, where you will pick up the appropriate procedure based on your skin tone. Also, professionals working in such institutions are obliged to give you advice on the care of the treated area that did not have any consequences after such a stress to the body. At home, do hair removal in the tan is contraindicated, since you can get severe burns.
Please note that those who did not do this procedure early, the skin may appear slight reddening which will soon disappear. Up to the moment, when they host the swelling or irritation to those who do hair removal, you can not use a washcloth or sponge, otherwise you will only worsen the situation. If you're after a painful hair removal, apply to the treated area sedatives (gels, lotions). Also, the analgesic effect will the usual cold wet towel or ice crocked in the thin fabric. Even if a couple of days you will not appear redness or burns, scars, eruption, and you will hurt to touch the skin, consult a doctor immediately.
To be or not to be - that is the question
I do not know how to choose the best method for getting rid of unwanted hair on the skin? Try each and then find the most suitable option for themselves. If you have not had to deal with laser hair removal, go to the beginning of the salon for at least one procedure to check whether you carry the impact of this unit or not. If all goes well, you can safely buy a similar technique to look stunning at any time of the year. But even after the treatment you do not get any effect, do not despair, because sometimes the result is not immediately. In the worst case, you'll know that this method is not for you.